About

About our Grange

The first meetings of the Dows prairie Grange #505 were held at Washington School, now known as Blair House, on School Road in McKinlyville.  The charter was obtained on December 14, 1932.  On January 18, 1933 Henry Miller was selected as the first Grange Master of Dow's Prairie Grange. 

Meeting were moved to Clam Beach Hall May 17, 1934.  Dow's Prairie Grange met there until approximately 1942 when the grange hall was built across from Dow's Prairie School.  The land having been purchased for $50 from Hammond Lumber in 1938.  The hall was partially built with recycled timber from lumber company buildings.